We were out riding bikes last night around the beautiful neighborhoods in Lewes. It really is a charming area with houses that look like they are made out of gingerbread and should be featured in fancy department store windows around Christmas-time. Sean was up ahead of me as we were both coming back around the block to our house. I pulled up on the sidewalk in front of the house and forgot that my feet were in the toe guards of the bike I borrowed from the lady of the house. My right foot didn't get out in time to come down as the bike stopped, and so my right arm broke the fall for me. It took Sean about 30 or 40 minutes to convince me to go to the ER, but he and the pain finally convinced me of the necessity. 5 hours later (at 2am this morning), I walked out with my arm in a sling, 6 Vicodin in my pocket, and a diagnosis of a slight fracture in my elbow.
So far, I've learned how hard it is with one arm to put my hair in a ponytail, wash my left arm in the shower, and type as quickly as I'm accustomed. But, I also know that it could've been much worse, and I have so much for which to be thankful. I think Sean has had a harder time with it than I have so far, as he wishes so much in his beautifully unrealistic sort-of-way that he could've prevented the fall. He was my hero last night anyway with his care and support all night.
Romance.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment