
I'm learning to function with just my left hand slowly but surely. The first day is a novelty, but after that, it's just plain annoying. Here are a few things I've learned so far:
1. Zippers are your friend, laces are not.
2. Slip-on shoes are the way to go.
3. Headbands are the only hair accessory available for use.
4. Cute little purses that hang from your elbow are way too high maintenance - shoulder straps across your chest are best.
5. Wearing an ER-issued sling in the middle of a humid summer is HOT!
6. People laugh when you tell them a 31 year-old fell off her bike. I've heard more references to training wheels than I care to remember.
Those are the high points, but I'm sure I'll be learning much more in the days and weeks ahead. The one positive thing that has come out of this is being able to appreciate my husband even more now for his love and care. He's even talked me into staying a few extra days here so that he can keep an eye on me in these first days of recovery. Serendipitous blessings...



No comments:
Post a Comment