Tuesday, June 13, 2006

a life with birds

My bedroom on the third floor allows me a life with birds. I have seen a few different types, doing things very similar to what we humans do. I sleep with the windows open, and the other morning I was awakened by the noises of three birds practicing unhealthy relational dynamics. Out of the window to my left, there fluttered two birds fighting another one. They would not let the little guy stay around and eventually forced him on his way. I was pulling for him to outwit them and cause them to fly into a tree or something, yet to no avail.

My favorite part of this life occurred on Saturday. I had just finished up some writing when a bird paid a visit on the windowsill facing the street. He or she was only around for 30 seconds or less, but did sing the entire time. After it flew away, I couldn't help but think that it came to tell me to keep singing--that is, continue writing and speaking through the voice God has given me.

No comments: