I have been busy since I've been here in Birmingham, and I should be sleeping now since we plan to leave for Toccoa tomorrow morning, but I had to write a little something as I lie on the bed that I literally grew up in. Being here has been such a blessing. There is something about going back to the place of your roots that stirs up a yearning in your soul to muddle through all of the various memories that one's life has experienced. In this room are reminders of almost every stage of my life. I can find toys that I played with as a toddler and little girl, a very 80's jacket I wore in middle school, pictures from my senior class trip in high school, textbooks and notes from my college days, and boxes of uncategorized memories that take up only about 2 square feet of space, yet hold a lifetime of experience, drama, and love.
I got to spend some quality time with the best Dad in the world, see one of the dearest friends of my life, and drive around a city that has grown and changed almost beyond recognition since my early days of life, yet that has a sense of familiarity everywhere I turn. Birmingham will always be home.
Romance.
13 years ago



1 comment:
"my home's in Alabama, southern born and southern bred"
143, sis.
Post a Comment