It has already started getting pretty chilly here, but yesterday was unseasonably warm. I walked outside to use my cell, and I unwittingly locked myself out. Oops. Thankfully, I had my phone in hand, so I called Sean to come help me back in the house. As I waited for him to come home from work, I started getting pummeled with ladybugs. Maybe because of the warm weather that day, they came out with a vengeance - like nothing I had ever seen. It was a virtual plague. I had to wait for Sean out in the front of the house under a tree, the only relief I could find. I probably looked odd out there with a mismatched outfit on that was never meant to see the outside world, but I was just glad not to have ladybugs flying in my face and hair. They bite too, which I hadn't realized. It rained today, so maybe that has holed them back up into hibernation, which is what they're supposed to be doing this time of year.
Other than ladybug infestations, things are still progressing very well here in Warrenton. Sean and I are feeling more and more comfortable with the town and the surrounding areas in northern Virginia. We're planning some fun things for these next few months. There is still a lot more hiking to do before it gets too cold; snow isn't necessarily a deterrent as long as the temperature isn't too low and the sun is out. We hear that Warrenton gets quite a bit of snow - at least compared to what either of us are used to. We also just got tickets to go see Cirque du Soleil in November. I've been to a couple of shows in the past, but I'm very excited to be going with Sean and experiencing it with him for the first time. I know he'll love it.
Romance.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment