The sound of crickets in the summer nightime is charming. We could even hear them while driving in the car last evening. Two nights ago I had to make a few calls and did so outside just so I could spend an hour with their narrative close by. There's nothing like this sound, and if you haven't yet sat outside after dark this summer, do it tonight if you can. Listen and look up at the stars--there's something eternal about the whole thing.
I have been reading Thoreau's Walden and have found him to be in agreement with me on this muse. He and his brother once took a weeklong trip down a river upon which he kept a journal of the ecountered sights and sounds. I don't know if everyone has the time or resources for their adventure, but I think we can all spare the evening outdoors at least one hour of our attention. Enjoy!
Romance.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment