Saturday, August 11, 2007

Northern VA

Sean and I drove down to McLean, VA, yesterday so that he could attend his work staff conference. I tagged along and got to visit with my friend Jessel and her family last night. Today, Sean has been in meetings all day, so I have taken my time strolling around an outlet mall, and now I'm sitting in a Panera checking email and killing a little time until I go to pick Sean up at about 5:30pm. I think I may go hit one more mall (this one in the air-conditioning, thank goodness) until that time comes. It's been good to be in Virginia again, even for a day, but we are actually looking forward to making our way back up to our temporary home in Harrisburg tonight. I've spent a few days now putting some minimal furniture together and stocking up on essentials at Target and Ikea, so it's feeling more like home. Home is where the heart is, as they say.

1 comment:

J&J said...

Ahh...to be in Virginia for a day. Sounds wonderful to me! Best wishes for your new home!