Friday, August 03, 2007

En route

Sean and I successfully packed up hearth and home in Birmingham, and then my brother-in-law, Brian, came down to help us pack it all in a truck. Then we drove to GA caravan style with 4 vehicles in a row, Brian driving the monster truck of them all. Thankfully, everyone arrived alive and well, if not a mite tired. The next day, we got the truck unpacked ("we" meaning mostly Sean and Brian), and enjoyed the fruits of our labor.

It was nice to be back with all the family yesterday for my 33rd year of existence. The older I get, the more I realize how unimportant "things" are, and how precious family is. Sean and I left GA late last night and drove into the wee hours of the morning to arrive in Emporia, where we've been busy today unpacking, organizing, and packing once again for our departure tomorrow for Harrisburg, PA. One more move, at least until November...

No comments: