
We had a good day yesterday as we made our way to a popular art festival in central PA called the Mt. Gretna Outdoor Art Show. We went with a couple from the church who attend every year. We drove about 20 minutes outside of Harrisburg, and then we all loaded ourselves onto a school bus that brought back memories for many of us of riding a bus just like that for various school activities. The bus dropped us off in the middle of nowhere, far enough away to have safely brought our cell phone bars down to nothing. The setting was gorgeous with massive trees surrounding us and little gingerbread houses dotting the landscape. The art itself was nice, but our favorite part was by far the scenery. And the weather was perfect - a balmy 75 - 80 degrees, but extremely pleasant in the shade of the trees.
...which is more than I can say for today. A drizzling rain plummeted the temperature down to long sleeve shirts and pants weather. I felt like I was on another continent. I kept thinking - August 19 and in the 60's????? Strange, this foreign land of Pennsylvania. But we're enjoying this life still, and are looking forward to making more memories in the weeks ahead.
...which is more than I can say for today. A drizzling rain plummeted the temperature down to long sleeve shirts and pants weather. I felt like I was on another continent. I kept thinking - August 19 and in the 60's????? Strange, this foreign land of Pennsylvania. But we're enjoying this life still, and are looking forward to making more memories in the weeks ahead.



No comments:
Post a Comment