Thursday, June 03, 2010

latest sewing project - ottoman slipcover

After going to countless stores to find the perfect ottoman/coffee table and coming up empty-handed, I decided to reuse an ottoman we had in storage. The fabric wasn't the best, so I took on the task of making a slipcover for it. No pattern, custom-fit. It took me a couple days of naptimes and bedtimes, but I finally finished it. Not bad for an amateur's first time at making one, I think. And now our boy won't hit his head on a corner every time he stumbles at the coffee table. The process:

Here is the original ottoman with the pieces cut out of the new slipcover:


Making the piping:


The top fitted part is done:


Sewing on the second row of piping:



Hemming it:



Finished!:



1 comment:

Lacie said...

That is totally incredible! I would never be able to figure out how to do that. Love the fabric too--gorgeous!