The travelers are split up for the holiday weekend. Shannon is down in Georgia with her side of the family. She went down to celebrate her parents' 40th wedding anniversary. If I were not in the middle of a consulting project, I would also be present on the Georgia clay. But since I'm not, my congrats and love go out to 2 special people for traveling a journey that so far has lasted a beautiful 14,600 days. Shannon and I both enjoy going to weddings and toasting love, even more-so toasting to those whose long-term relationships are living letters filled with the message, love never fails. We should all be very glad, that in this life, God gives us very good books to read, but more importantly that he gives us living and breathing humans to read and glean a thing or two from. (I say this with my parents in mind as well, as they also, and ironically celebrated their 40th at the end of last year.)
With this long holiday weekend underway, a long weekend with my wife unfortunately not around, I've commited myself to the life of a hermit. As some of you know, I am working on my second book project, and I am nearing the end of the manuscript. So with beard formation occuring on face and lots of jazz music playing behind my desk, I am getting lost in writing for the next few days. I'll stop long enough to talk to Shannon on the phone, watch the NBA playoffs, call my brother today and wish him a very happy day (Happy birthday brother. I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy your new bride. Thanks for all the laughs, talks, football games and wrestling matches in the back yard. I hope whatever you wish for comes true.), figure out what to do about meals, eat some of Shannon's delicious carrot cake that she made me right before she left, and run on the treadmill.
Back to writing.
Romance.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment