It's been a crazy week. After our foray into our whitewater mecca, we went back the very next day to do some trail running. Great idea, and it was fun while it lasted, until I turned my ankle on a root on the trail. Sean was my hero again, being ever the supportive husband and friend, and I made it out fine. We even stayed a little later at the center by having dinner at the restaurant on site. Very good, but my ankle was definitely stiff by the time we left. The next morning I woke up with it swollen and very weak, so I hobbled around with an ankle brace for the next several days.
On Thursday, North Carolina and Italy met. My friend, Jill, is back in the states for a couple of weeks to see family before her big event. She was in Greensboro with her Mom, so I drove up to see her for the day. We had such a great time - we shopped for baby stuff for her bambino and new trail runners for me. Both successful ventures!
That brings us to yesterday - I was sitting just as I am now at my laptop and all of a sudden, I get this excruciating pain in my upper back, near my shoulder blade. It was debilitating pain, so much so that I had to get my ever faithful hero to help me to our bedroom to lie down (lay down?, no I think it's lie) for a while until the pain finally started to dull to an achey soreness a few hours later. Today, the soreness is akin to having had my back run a marathon yesterday. I have no idea what that was (maybe one of you do), but I never want to feel that again. I'd rather sprain an ankle any day of the week.
So, that's been my week. Eventful to be sure.
Romance.
13 years ago



1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your maladies!! Maybe it was writer's cramp that relocated to your back??? Strange! I hope you are feeling better!
It was so great to see you and hang out. Thanks for helping with my registries! Ciao bella,
JT
Post a Comment