Friday, August 11, 2006

Airports and a girl's day out

My niece, Allie, and I took Sean to the Atlanta airport early yesterday morning. I asked her to ride along with me so that I could have some company on the way back, and she was happy to oblige. Sean flew to Houston to visit his only brother for several days, and we were marveling as he was packing at how many different cities our "stuff" was spread out in. I think we narrowed it down to 5. Not too shabby.

After we dropped off Sean, having not listened to the news all morning, we found out about 15 minutes later that there had been the bomb scares that everyone now knows about. Allie noticed a local news crew in front of the baggage claim area, and then I received a call from Sean's Mom inquiring about Sean's flight. Thank the Lord, Sean was able to board his flight with relative ease and arrive in Houston at the scheduled time. He's already enjoying visiting family there.

Allie and I then proceeded to have a girl's morning. We drove to a well-stocked mall and got breakfast at Panera. After that, Allie was thrilled to find a pet store where she could ohhh and ahhh over the cute little puppies, bunnies, and birds. We walked around there for a while, dropped in a few more stores, and then went to meet the rest of the family for lunch. We had a wonderful morning of spending time together, exploring through unknown parts (thanks to my trusty GPS!), and laughing about silly things only a nine-year-old can truly appreciate. I can't wait for another special morning like this one!

No comments: