Saturday, March 12, 2011

Change

Oh my, how time flies these days. I declare, the day was inordinately longer back when I was 10 years old than it is now. I remember making our family car trips to Georgia to visit my grandparents, which was about 5 hrs away or so, and thinking that it lasted ALL DAY LONG. Oh, the drudgery of those hours. Especially when I had to stay within my "lines" in the backseat, lest I fear the wrath of one of my 2 older sisters for crossing onto their territory. ;)

But these days, I don't know where the days go, much less the hours and minutes. We are all just resurfacing from some sick days of various colds and bugs; and low and behold, as I peek my southern nose outside, the chill in the air is starting to get ever so less chill, making way for what I anticipate to be a beautiful spring in northern Virginia. And even though we lose an hour of sleep tonight, I also welcome in the extra hour of daylight each evening. There's just something about sunshine that makes it all seem warm and cozy.

But one thing is certain, change is in the air. There are things churning in our humble household that may have to wait for another blog to disclose (not so long this time, I promise), but I can share our most exciting news. We're expecting baby #2 in September and are blissfully anticipating it. After having our son with us for 2 years now, we are more aware of the reality of what having a child means, and with that I include the pretty and the ugly of it, the sane and the insane, the holy and the mundane, the tender and the terror. It's been such an incredible blessing, and we know that blessing will only grow (along with the chaos and laundry.) So, as we continue this journey across these hills, we're excited to be sharing it with one more little soul. And we so welcome it.

No comments: