Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Recipe - Chicken Divan

I got this from Laura, a good friend and former roommate in Virginia Beach. She'd make it often for us, and I just loved it. I made it recently for Sean, and now he's a fan too. I'm a sucker for a good casserole.

 
Ingredients:
  • 1 package of frozen broccoli or a few (I used 4) stalks of fresh
  • 2 - 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 1/2 cups of rice (I prefer jasmine for this)
  • 1/2 cup mayo (not miracle whip)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • Shredded cheddar cheese for topping

 Preparing casserole:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cook rice and spread on bottom of lightly greased casserole dish.
  • Cook chicken (boiled for 20 minutes), cut up in bite-size pieces or shred and arrange on top of rice
  • Cook broccoli al dente and arrange on top of chicken

 
While those are cooking, you can prepare The Sauce:
  • Mix mayo, soup, lemon juice, and curry powder in bowl
  • Pour sauce mixture over the rice, chicken and broccoli in casserole dish
  • Sprinkle with cheddar cheese
  • Bake for 30 min: 10 minutes with foil on, and then 20 minutes with foil off

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe, Shayna:) Thanks for it.

Do you spend much time on Allrecipes.com? I find everything there:)

Blessings to you three,

Tiff
http://tiffaniv.wordpress.com