Sunday, March 08, 2009

last minute finds and some heaven on earth


For the last two days, we have been exposing Silas to the life of a shopaholic. He has been to two local outdoor malls, shopping that is so functional to two parents pushing a stroller. These two spots were off our radar until a few nights ago, when Shannon spontaneously discovered them online. They abound with some of our favorite stores and we are excited to have found them, even if their discovery is within a few weeks of our exit of Memphis. We found great deals on some cute gear for Silas, and daddy bought him a baseball cap that he will be sporting this spring and summer. Mommy bought him a new stuffed bear, which, since his colors match the trademark colors of Virginia Tech, we have nicknamed "hokie".

Too bad Silas can't enjoy something else we invested in yesterday: the ever-appetizing and magical Krispy Kreme Donuts. We pulled through the drive-through, ordered two dozen just for ourselves, and each of us immediately downed one glazed. The magic continues. Eating those donuts can be compared to watching the sun rise over the Atlantic. Shannon's favorite Krispy Kreme experience comes when she gets to eat one hot off the conveyer belt. Mine came this morning, when I enjoyed a cruller and chocolate iced in between sips of coffee and paragraphs of a good read. I told Shannon, I am experiencing something that can not be of this world. Right now, I think part of me is in Heaven!

No comments: