Friday, December 12, 2008

99 months

Sean and I always kept track of our "monthly anniversaries" during our 4-year courtship. Doing it for so long, it's been easy to keep up the tradition, and today we celebrate the day when 99 months ago, we had our first date. That day, we met for lunch at Chili's on Lynnhaven Parkway in Virginia Beach, and if I remember right, it made me late for my afternoon class. I definitely would deem it worth it... :)

We spent the evening at home tonight, as I have unfortunately caught Sean's cold from last week, and of which I am unable to medicate myself appropriately due to the pregnancy. So, even though I'm stuffy and tired, Sean was still a great date as we curled up on our couch and watched a mutual favorite, White Christmas, on DVD. And I rediscovered what could possibly be our baby's go-to lullaby, an Irving Berlin classic, Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep:

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

No comments: