Sunday, January 20, 2008

From York, PA

Well, we're here. We drove in on Friday, even with the threat of impending snow looming over our heads. Thankfully, all went well and we have been settling in ever since. Friday night we went to the local Wal-mart to acquire a few things we couldn't live without for our first night, and on Saturday we made our annual (and sometimes quarterly) trip to the local Ikea to pick up a few things to make our next 5 months more comfortable. After putting together some furniture, I also successfully hooked up all of my various gadgets, including wireless so Sean can now do his thing on his laptop. This morning we went to the church where Sean will be working. Very good. This afternoon was spent unpacking and organizing some more. I now plan to go soak my tired body in the bathtub tonight with a good book and stay there until I catch myself falling asleep. Is that dangerous? I'm not sure, but I love it.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that the low today was 4 degrees? That's fahrenheit. Yes. Craziness for this southern blood.

No comments: